The GATE 2018 Official Notification is out now. The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering has released its Official Notification/Information Brochure. The Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati will be the organizing institute for this GATE 2018 exam. This examination is mandatory for Engineers who seek to get admissions into Master’s Programmes. Moreover, various Government PSU’s will be recruiting through GATE Score Cards. Once you get your GATE Scores, these Scores will be valid for 3 years. The application procedure will start from 1st September 2017. Read the article carefully to know in detail about the Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Application Procedure, Selection Procedure and more!
Important Exam Dates – GATE 2018 Official Notification
Process Start Date
|01st September 2017|
|Last Date of|
|05th October 2017|
|Last Date to request|
change of Exam City
|17th November 2017|
|05th January 2018|
|GATE Exam Date||3rd February 2018,|
04th February 2018,
10th February 2018,
11th February 2018
|17th March 2018|
GATE 2018 Official Notification – Eligibility Criteria
Read below to know in detail about the GATE Eligibility Criteria. You need to have one of the following Educational Qualifications to be eligible to apply for GATE 2018 Exam.
- You should have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/ Technology). Even those who are in the final year of such programs can apply.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (5 years course) is necessary. You can apply even if you are in the final year.
- Necessary to have a Bachelor’s degree of 4 year program in Science. Even those who are in the final year of such programs may apply.
- You can have Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent. You can apply even if you are in the final year.
- A 4 year integrated Master’s degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology is necessary. Those in the second or higher year of such program can apply.
- A 5 year integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology is required. Those in the fourth or higher year of such program may also apply.
- You should have a 5 year integrated M.Sc. or 5 year integrated B.Sc. /M.Sc. degree. You can apply even if you are in the 5th year of the course.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. If you have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses, you are also eligible.
Selection Procedure and Exam Pattern for GATE 2018
- GATE Exam for 2018 will be conducted Online.
- It will be a Computer Based Test (CBT).
- You will have a mix of NAT (Numerical Answer Type) and MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)
- You will be asked 65 questions in a duration of 3 hours.
- There will be negative Marking of 1/3 rd for 1 mark questions.
- There will be negative marking of 2/3rd for 2 mark questions.
- The GATE Exam will be a total of 100 marks.
How to Apply
The link will be active from 1st September 2017
- Click on the link given above.
- Register yourself by filling up necessary information.
- Save your Registration Id and Password for future reference.
- Log in with the Registration Id and Password.
- Fill up important details.
- Upload your recent photograph and signature.
- Submit your application form.
- Proceed for Payment of Application Fees.
Application Fee for GATE Notification 2018
- SC/ST/PwD/Female – Rs. 750/-
- Others – Rs. 1500/-
Official GATE Notification 2018
- Click here for GATE 2018 official notification.
- Click here to download Official GATE 2018 Notification as PDF