Dear Friends, Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) is the profound national and international research organisation that perform research on tropical atmosphere, weather forecasting and climate change. There are total 79 vacancies to be filled for multiple posts. The online application process has already begun and the last date of application is 19th November 2017. In this article, we have given detailed information about different posts available, vacancies, eligibility criteria, salary, application fee, how to apply,etc. This Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology Recruitment drive is a great opportunity for candidates.
#1. Important Dates for Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology Recruitment 2017
#2. Vacancies for Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology Recruitment
#3. Eligibility Criteria for IITM Recruitment
A. Age Limit
Given below is the maximum age limit for different posts.
- Project Scientist D – 50 years
- Project Scientist C – 40 years
- Project Scientist B – 35 years
- Visiting Scientist – 65 years
- Junior Scientific Assistant – 28 years
- Project Manager – 65 years
- Project Assistant – 28 years
- UDC – 28 years
- Section Officer – 35 years
- Computer Application Supporting – 28years
B. Educational Qualification/ Experience
Degree in Physics
|Project Scientist – B||B.E./B.Tech.|
& Ph.D. in the
|UDC|| Graduate in any|
/ Diploma in
B.Tech. in Computer
C. Age Relaxation
- SC/ST – 5 years
- OBC – 3 years
- PWD – 10 years
- Ex-servicemen – 5 years
#4. Exam Pattern/ Selection Procedure
The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of Written Exam and Interview.
#5. How to Apply for IITM Recruitment 2017
- Click on Direct Link to apply for the post.
- Read the form carefully.
- Select the proper post code and fill the basic information asked.
- Upload your CV photograph & signature.
- Submit the form after previewing carefully.
- Take a print out of the form for future reference.
- Alternatively, you can also apply for these post from the official website.
- Follow steps 2 to 6.
#6. Application Fee
#7. Salary for Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology Recruitment
- Project Scientist D – Rs. 68,000/- + HRA
- Project Scientist C – Rs. 58,000/- + HRA
- Project Scientist B – Rs. 49,000/- + HRA
- Visiting Scientist – Rs. 50,000/- consolidated
- Junior Scientific Assistant – Rs.29200 + HRA
- Project Manager – Rs. 68000/- + HRA
- Project Assistant – Rs. 22,000/- + 3% annual increase
- UDC – Rs. 25,500/- + HRA
- Section Officer – Rs. 44,900/- + HRA
- Computer Application Supporting Scientist – Rs. 75000/- including HRA