Power Grid Corporation of India Limited or PGCIL has advertised a recruitment drive for Diploma Trainees, Jr. Officer Trainees & Assistants (Finance) for 2017. This is a good opportunity for the candidates who want to make a career in this sector. Hence, if you want to apply for the mentioned posts, you can apply until 20th September 2017. There are a total of 81 vacancies for which you can apply! Read the PGCIL Recruitment 2017 Notification carefully to know in detail about PGCIL Eligibility Criteria, Vacancies, Important Exam Dates, Application Fee & more!
#1. Important Exam Dates PGCIL Recruitment 2017
|Start Date of|
2017 (12:00 a.m)
|End Date of|
2017 (11:59 p.m)
|Last date of|
receipt of hard
|Start date for|
deposit of fee
|End date for|
deposit of fee
|Cut-Off date||20th September|
of Written Test/
#2. Power Grid Recruitment Vacancies
Read the table to know more about the vacancies and category wise distribution/reservation of vacancies for Power Grid Recruitment 2017.
Discipline and Category –Wise Break up of Vacancies for ERTS-II, ERLDC, POSOCO POWERGRID
|33||16||10 + 3**||4||0||01|
#3. Eligibility Criteria for PGCIL Recruitment 2017
A. Age Limit (as on 09th August 2017)
B. Educational Qualification
- Diploma Trainee (Electrical) for POWERGRID: Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma Trainee (Electrical) for POSOCO: Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma Trainee (IT) for POWERGRID: Diploma in Computer Science/ Computer Engg./ Information Technology
- Diploma Trainee (IT) POSOCO : Diploma in Computer Science/ Computer Engg./ Information Technology
- Assistant (Finance) for POWERGRID: B.Com. from a recognized University/College with 1st division
- Diploma Trainee (Electronics) POSOCO: Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Jr. Officer Trainee (HR) for ERLDC, POSOCO: PG Diploma in Personnel Management course (or) MHRM (or) MSW or MBA
- Assistant (Finance) for POSOCO: B. Com
C. Age Relaxation
SC/ST – 5 years
OBC – 3 years
PWD – 10 years
#4. Selection Procedure & Exam Pattern – PGCIL Recruitment 2017
Selection Procedure –
- Diploma Trainee (Electrical): Written Test
- Diploma Trainee (IT): Written Test
- Diploma Trainee (Electronics): Written Test
- Jr. Officer Trainee (HR): Written Test & Computer Skills Test
- Assistant (Finance) : Written Test & Computer Skills Test
Exam Pattern –
|Parts||Section||No. of Qs||Duration|
|Part 1||Professional Knowledge||120||2 Hours|
|Part 2||Supervisory Aptitude Test|
(for Diploma Trainees and
Jr. Officer Trainee HR)
|General Aptitude Test|
Syllabus for Aptitude Test – 50 questions on vocabulary, verbal comprehension, quantitative aptitude, reasoning ability, ability to determine data sufficiency, interpretation of graphs/charts/tables, numerical ability etc.
#5. How to Apply for PGCIL Diploma Trainee
- Click on the Direct Link to Apply provided above.
- Read the instructions carefully before filling the form!
- Select the Post for which you want to apply.
- Fill up the required information and relevant details carefully.
- Upload your Photo & Signature.
- Submit the application.
- Alternatively, you can go to the Power Grid Official Website.
- Follow Steps 2 to 6.
- Take out the Print Out of the Application Form.
- Thereafter, send the form with the resume & relavant documents to the below mentioned address.
The Advertiser (PG)
Post Box No. 9279
Krishna Nagar Head Post Office
Delhi – 110 051
#6. Application Fee for PGCIL Recruitment 2017
Diploma Trainee (Electrical/IT/Electronics) & Jr. Officer Trainee (HR) – Rs. 300/-
Assistant (Finance) – Rs. 200/-
SC/ST/OBC/PwD/ExSM – No Fee
Bank Charges – Rs. 60/- extra
#7. Salary & Emoluments
- Diploma Trainee & Jr. Officer Trainee –
Stipend of Rs. 16,500/-
Pay Scale : Rs. 16000 – 35500/- (IDA)
- Assistant (Finance) –
Pay Scale Rs. 12500 – 27500 (IDA)
We hope you enjoyed to read this article. If you have any questions, please comment below!